Friday, March 26, 2010

Episode 4 of "Dad... I wanna start up my own business"

Law of Conservation in CAT

"Energy can neither be created nor destroyed" , I still remember this phrase which I had learnt long ago in class 11. Which is pretty unusual with me. I have an excellent memory space available, but unfortunately most of it is filled with either movies/games/gossips and sometimes . So if you try to explore my mind, you would get infected too. Studies/acads are the last thing which woud find space in my mind.
Coming to the point, I found a strange similarity between this law of conservation of energy as well as another law which I could recognize over a series of mockcats. Just take a luk at 3 weekend scores consecutively:

Date: 21/9/08
Quant: 94%
LRDI: 23%
Verbal: 38%
Overall: 68%

Date: 28/9/08
Quant: 34%
LRDI: 23%
Verbal: 88%
Overall: 65%

Date: 5/10/08
Quant: 24%
LRDI: 93%
Verbal: 28%
Overall: 63%

A strange pattern is what I observed. My underperformance seems to be shifting from one section to another. The scores reminded me of the fat in my body which never goes out of my body but only keeps shifting from one place to another. Whenever I tried to concentrate on a particular section, I succed in that but parallelly screwed up the other 2. I need to be given a nobel price for having been able to apply the law of conservation so successfully in a field so different.

When things go wrong, we may just pray God and hope that they set right soon, but when things keep going wrong, especially when you do not have any other options available, thats when we start to panic. I was exactly in a similar situation then. Panic, Panic , Panic. I needed a way, a new strategy. I needed to win this war, atleast come out of it alive. What do I do? Where do I start?
"GOD.... Plzz gimme some energy to sort this out", I thought. Just then God answered my prayers. I saw a boost counter at the opposite side of the road selling hot boost in glass as a promotional campaign for the drink. In the next minute I had a mug of hot boost in my hand. I took a sip and thanked god for answering my prayers and giving me Sachin's energy. I took another sip and stared at the TIME's advertising hoarding which said "Just 3 weeks to go for the D day". My heart started beating a little faster. I knew I had to do something and do it fast.


Next episode is a crucial one , keep waiting as I did, along with 2.65 lakh others, for the D day on November 16th --- CAT 2008.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So boost is the secret again....:P

karthikadiraju said...

on the face of it what u wrote is fallacial ( just abt the boost). we all know what was ur replacement for the drink.

vamsi_eccentric said...

@karthis... hehe.. yeah i only drink fruit juice...

suman said...

hey bro....its really cool.
if one cannot tolerate u at ur worst then they dont deserve u at ur BEST.